Add a pet
Click here to add a pet to your policy.
How do waiting periods work?
- These temporarily assist in preventing fraud to keep premiums affordable
- If a condition becomes known during this period, we only exclude coverage on the one condition, either temporarily or permanently
- Remember, we have a no-claims period for all pets for the first 30 days (accidents are, of course, covered immediately)
- This is followed by a 30-day 50% shared co-payment period
- Prescription food and dental benefits have a four-month waiting period
- There is also a short six-month waiting period for knee, hip, elbow & shoulder, eye, respiratory system and spine surgeries
How do claim excesses work?
- This is a small amount you pay on every claim before we refund the rest of your bill
- Each claim under Option 1 & 2 has an excess of 15%, with a minimum of R250
- Each claim on Accident Only has an excess of 10%, with a minimum of R150
- Continued treatment for the same condition after 30 days incurs a new excess
- You may claim for one dental procedure per year, on Option 2, with an excess of 15%, with a minimum of R500
- Top Dog/Top Cat routine care does not have an excess
- Holistic Wellness does not have an excess