Click here to add a pet to your policy.
Click here to submit a claim online, or download the claim form here. Submit your completed, legible form together with all applicable invoices by email to email@example.com or fax to (021) 701 2027
How do waiting periods work?
There is a standard waiting period for all new pets upon joining, to assess each pet’s current health. Pets that show signs or symptoms of any condition within this period have a “pre-existing condition.” Full disclosure is essential, and not doing so could compromise your cover, and lead to a cancellation of your policy. Every pet and policy is evaluated on an individual case-by-case basis. (Please remember, all pets requiring medical attention must be seen by a vet, even if it is during a waiting period, and doing so is a general condition of our policy.)
We have a no-claims period for all new pets for the first 30 days (accidents are, of course, covered immediately).
This is followed by a 30 day 50% shared co-payment period.
Prescription food and dental benefits have a 4 month waiting period.
There is also a short 6 month waiting period under Option 1 & 2 for knee, hip, elbow & shoulder, eye, respiratory system and spinal surgeries, with a contribution of R5 000 for diagnostic costs. (Pets under 4 months of age may be considered for part or full cover of the above surgeries, on a case-by-case basis).
Option 2’s death benefit has a 6 month waiting period for newly joined pets, and is waived should the death be the result of any excluded and/or pre-existing conditions.
Top Dog/Top Cat Routine Care claims have a 3 month waiting period.
How do claim excesses work?
- This is a small amount you pay on every claim before we refund the rest of your bill
- Each claim under Option 1 & 2 has an excess of 18%, minimum of R250 (All ongoing claims for the same condition within a 30 day period will have an 18% excess, once the initial R250 minimum has been met. Should a condition continue past 30 days, it will be treated as a new claim, with the R250 minimum.)
- Each claim on Accident Only has an excess of 10%, minimum of R150
- You may claim for one dental procedure per year on Option 2, with an excess of 20%, minimum of R500
- Top Dog/Top Cat routine care does not have an excess
- Holistic Wellness does not have an excess